Join the Pink the Boathouse Challenge for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
For 29 years Row for the Cure has shared a passion with the rowing community to fight cancer and to support those who have been impacted. Throughout October, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, athletes, coaches, teams and supporters are invited to participate in the Pink The Boathouse Challenge to honor, remember and celebrate loved ones and to continue the fight to find a cure.
How to participate?
- Wear pink while practicing or racing. Bring a pink banner to your race tent. Pink the Boathouse gear available here: https://www.bonfire.com/pink-the-boathouse/
- Host a pink event at your boathouse–either a 5k or 10k challenge, perhaps a learn to row or bring your parents to row day.
- Complete the Challenge–a virtual 5k (row/erg) or 10k (row/walk). Register and post results October 1-31: https://www.regattacentral.com/regatta/?job_id=8041
- Form or join a fundraising team–challenge your friends, family members, teammates or rivals: https://give.classy.org/ptb2022
- Participate in “Row for the Cure”- designated events within existing regattas such as Secret City Head Race and Hoover Fall Classic on October 8/9, First Coast Head Race on October 15 or compete/support at Row for the Cure San Diego on October 8.
- Make DAMPER your goal- Donating A Mammogram Per Every Rower. Imagine 1,000 rowers raising $150 each to support the cost of a mammogram for 1,000 individuals – with a single goal to save lives.to save lives!
All funds raised will be distributed as grants to support local education, free screenings, follow-up treatments and spreading awareness and toward cutting edge research conducted by Susan G. Komen. Grants will also be awarded to organizations which empower survivors through rowing programs. Prizes to top fundraisers include a USRowing Lifetime membership and Concept2 erg.
The month-long initiative will include tributes to survivors, honoring those lost to cancer and recognition of caregivers. Participants are encouraged to share their stories and tag #pinktheboathouse as you complete your challenge/activities and raise funds to help change lives. Follow all the activities on Instagram/rowforthecure.
Row for the Cure is proud to partner with USRowing, Regatta Central, JL Racing, Concept2, Rowing News, Row House and Susan G. Komen. For more information contact email@example.com.
About Row for the Cure and Rowing Cares
Founded in 1993, Row for the Cure is the signature fundraiser for the non-profit Rowing Cares. Rowing Cares is the rowing and water-sports community’s crusade against cancer, raising funds through a series of events, regattas and virtual challenges across the U.S. Rowing Cares provides grants to community cancer organizations which support local cancer patients and their families, to rowing organizations which empower cancer survivors and to cutting-edge cancer research conducted by Susan G. Komen. To date close to $4 million has been distributed to those in need.