Wilton CT, April 12, 2021 — Row for the Cure supports the best breast health for Moms and invites all to pay tribute to Mothers across the U.S starting May 1, culminating on Mother’s Day, May 9.
“In this year of reawakening we’re excited to launch a new event to honor and celebrate all Mothers and we invite everyone to shine a light on these extraordinary women as we Row for the Moms,“ said Beth Kohl, Row for the Cure President. “The concept is simple. Enter by making a donation in honor of a special mom in your life – your own Mom, wife, grandmother, aunt, daughter, friend, coach or Team Mom, then complete an activity individually or with a team and post your photos & videos on social media using the hashtag #rowforthemoms. We look forward to working together to ensure all Mothers have more Mother’s Days.“
Row for the Cure has a long heritage of raising awareness and funds to support cancer patients and families and toward research to find a cure. To date, over $3 million has been raised. All proceeds raised from Row for the Moms will be distributed via grants to qualified community programs and to fund cutting-edge research conducted by Susan G. Komen.
Join us during May for a special Mother’s Day celebration
- Pay tribute to Moms everywhere starting May 1st, culminating on Mother’s Day Sunday May 9
- First, choose an activity as your “Row for the Moms”
- You choose how you want to honor/recognize special Moms
- Complete a 5k Row, Erg, Ski-Erg, Run, Walk or Bike (unless you are competing at a race or you choose another distance with your team)
- Complete your activity individually or safely with your team anytime May 1-9
- Second, enter the event by donating in honor of a special Mom. It could be your Mom, your wife, your daughter, your sister, your aunt, your grandmother, your friend or the best “Team Mom”
- You can also form a team and complete your “Row” together
- Individuals do NOT need to be a member of a rowing club or team. This tribute is open to all.
- All information can be found here: https://www.classy.org/campaign/rowforthemoms/c332578
- Check the box – “Dedicate my Donation in Honor or in Memory of” and identify who you are honoring
- Third, complete your event and post a photo/video on Facebook or Instagram/rowforthecure with #rowforthemoms
- All posts with #rowforthemoms will be entered into a prize drawing
- Row for the Cure will share stories of special Moms throughout May
All donations will be used to provide grants for qualified programs which benefit cancer patients and survivors and toward cutting edge research
- Community health organizations which support local cancer patients and their families with programs such as peer-to-peer counseling, financial assistance, patient navigation, complementary medicine and transportation.
- Rowing organizations which empower cancer survivors through rehabilitation and exercise programs and by providing camaraderie and socialization.
- Cutting-edge cancer research, conducted by Susan G. Komen that will lead to new, more effective treatments and toward finding a cure.
Individuals or teams raising more than $500 may designate a qualified organization to receive their donation (must be a local, 501(c) (3) organization).
How to Row for the Moms
- Row for the Moms is open to everyone: rowers and non-rowers alike
- Enter the event as an individual or form a team
- Complete your event individually or with your team
- Take a photo with the Mom you’re honoring
- Make a short video and tell a story about a Mom in your life
- Wear pink to practice or at your home and take a photo or video
- Racing in May at USRowing SE Youth, USRowing MidAtlantic Youths, Dad Vails, Mid West Scholastics or other regattas? Wear pink to a race, wear a pink ribbon on your uni, and make signs to honor Moms.
- Host a Mother’s Day Row safely at your boathouse – invite moms to try rowing (safely on the erg or in a boat)
- Host a parent/child event at your boathouse
- Recognize Moms who give their all for you and your team
- Be creative and do what feels special for Moms
Post photos & videos on Instagram/rowforthecure and Facebook/rowforthecure with #rowforthemoms #rowforthecure
Row for the Gear available here: https://scullandsweep.com/collections/rowforthecure
Please send ideas for Row for the Moms stories or any questions regarding the event to firstname.lastname@example.org
Row for the Moms contacts:
- Beth Kohl: email@example.com
- Eliza Sydney: firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1993, Row for the Cure is the rowing and water-sports community’s crusade against breast cancer, raising funds through a series of events, regattas and virtual challenges across the U.S. Row for the Cure provides grants to community cancer organizations which support local cancer patients and their families, to rowing organizations which empower cancer survivors and to cutting-edge cancer research conducted by Susan G. Komen.